French Estate Agents .....amongst others


The morning started promisingly enough, just look at it, huge golden orb rising majestically over the Languedoc hills. Shafts of deep mellow early morning light floods the house.

The French Estate Agent who was scheduled to show me the terrific house with the long tree lined drive sat and waited for us at an unspecified place in the village. We sat some ten minutes away at another spot and grumbled. Finally we wound our way home. Slight misunderstanding there then. Felt all buoyed up this morning though as had definitely got the time and place right. Then he phones up and says he cannot make it till next Wednesday as his car battery has gone flat. Yeah right. Guess what ? my batteries now gone flat and I've lost interest. Great salesman then.

Nothing annoys me more than people with a half baked attitude to business. I've lost count of the number of times I have phoned people regarding potential business and they have not bothered to return my call. I always endeavour to place my custom with people that care. Usually small family run businesses that need to survive and are hungry for work.

I'm always pleased when despite writing to tell people that I am sadly booked they write back and say thank you for such a quick response. I'm not likely to get their business this year but they might just remember me for having the decency to respond swiftly to their enquiry.

Just a little observation you understand.

Comments

Woozle1967 said…
Totally agree with you - manners cost nothing and it never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who just can't be bothered to respond or make an effort. I've lost count of the amount of prospective tradesmen who didn't come out to quote/look at our job/bother to send the estimate/turn up at all! They obviously don't want the business. Phew! Didn't mean to do write a blog in reply - been away too long, ha ha.x
Anonymous said…
Small family business's wherever they are need local support !!!
elizabethm said…
Absolutely agree with you. I always try to return calls right away and write back even when I cant help and am amazed at the number of people who dont bother. I always give my business to people who seem to care!
Grouse said…
'Understand how the customer is thinking and act accordingly' is our marketing mantra. We wholesale, so 'Understand your customer's customer' is the next By-word. In a competitive world, customer care is what puts you ahead of the crowd. For a small, family run business, its what makes the working day a pleasure.
......effortless,even....
Lovely picture Sally...totally agree with you.
Frances said…
Yes, Sally, what you practice is what we also practice at the shop. We feel that we cannot make a customer enter the shop, but we can ensure that he/she will return again!
xo
lampworkbeader said…
Estate Agents have similar flaws the world over! Best not to lead me down that particular avenue. Lovely picture though.
Pipany said…
And a blloming good observation it is too Sally. Can't understand such a lax attitude myself - do they want the business or not? xx
LittleBrownDog said…
Bloomin' estate agents seem to be the same the world over.

Am now getting strangely used to sending speculative work-related emails off into the ether never to be heard of again, so completely understand where you're coming from, Sally.
@themill said…
Manners maketh man - so agree with you Sally. Tried to comment on your previous blog but the comments box wouldn't open - just wanted to say I share your dream, but it obviously wasn't meant to be - this time.
Sally the picture is magnificent!Really enjoyed your post!

Cheers,
Becca

Popular Posts